The TIG-Point system offers precision longitudinal grinding of tungsten electrodes for use in TIG and Plasma welding applications. Setup and grinding operations are quick, safe and reliable. The TIG-Point can be configured for grinding, polishing and cutting providing longer tungsten life, consistent arc parameters and improved performance over other grinding methods.
Why Longitudinal Grinding?
In the manufacture of tungsten electrodes the molecular structure of the grain runs in a longitudinal direction. Lateral grinding has a detrimental effect on the smooth surface of the electrode.
The rough surface variations caused by lateral grinding causes the arc to wonder and the tungsten to overheat causing undesirable weld arc characteristics and reduced tungsten life.
By utilizing longitudinal grinding with the tungsten grain direction the arc is narrow and bell shaped and very stable. The tungsten electrode has a lower thermal load and therefore longer life.
Fast, safe and consistently reliable
precision longitudinal tungsten point grinding.
* Tig-Point grinds, polishes and cuts Tungsten.
* Increased TIG and Plasma electrode life.
* Universal guide for all standard electrode diameters and lengths.
* Portable, easy to handle.
* Adjustable grinding angle from 15 to 120 degrees.
* Sharpens electrodes from .020" (.508mm) to 1/4" (6.35mm).
* Can grind electrodes as short as 5/8" (15.875mm).
www.weldquip.com © | All Rights Reserved